Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Please share your good ideas with me too!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

It takes a Ladybug!

Sometimes all it takes is the perfect distraction.  Issue: senses are magnified by several degrees in a kid with Asperger's.  So, to us it feels like 80 degrees, to them...feels like 100!

Heading out for gym class...student starts to spiral...says it is so hot he will die.  Tried my best to diffuse the situation...was semi successful.  At least we made it outside to the field with the rest of the class.  Seconds before an eruption....a Ladybug lands on his little, sweet hand.  I take a deeeeeeep breath and thank that little Ladybug from the bottom of my heart.  Happy kid/successful gym class...phew!  Yes, it takes a village, but sometimes...it just takes a Ladybug!

2 comments:

  1. They say that ladybugs bring luck- It certainly did for you and your student. I have always loved ladybugs! I enjoyed your title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's interesting that two of your posts have had to do with polka dots! One on underwear and what not wear--with white pants. And now this, how the little polka dotted creature was a blessing. Maybe there's something plain interesting about dots! When I think of lady bugs I too think of good luck and I also think of how they invade inside (houses) to get out of the cold, how they seem ever harmless even in droves. Thanks for the story!

    ReplyDelete